Tuesday 15 April 2014

Kreative Koncepts - Colour Challenge #24 - DT

Hello all,

A new colour challenge is now up on the Kreative Koncepts blog, and hope you are able to play along.

This is it:


Yes, it is quite challenging (well, for me it was).

And this is what I came up with:



The background was cut with my Silhouette, then glued to another piece of white cardstock. I then applied a patchy layer of gesso on the front and back, before dry-brushing some yellow acrylic paint. Once dry, I dropped a few dollops of blue Ecoline paint on, sprayed with water to get it moving around before applying my stamping and splatters. I sprayed some of my embellishments with either Dylusions (cut grass) or Glimmer Mist (sapphire). It was quite a simple and quick layout for me, but time is of the essence at the moment, so had to par down my layers. Still, I think because the colours are so bold, it works for me.

Here are some close-ups:



Thank you for looking. Please visit HERE to check out what all the Designers and Guest Designers have done.

10 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this! The bold colors with the gesso Sil cut definitely works beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I love love love the colors and the flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It works REALLY well...it's those paints...they look fabulous & I really like the separate clusters like that, too...this is a CHALLENGING palette, for sure:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They certainly are bold colors together, but you have created a wonderful layout with these colors.. the photo is adorable and love the texture on your back ground!! wonderful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cool background. love the texture and the colour splatters/splodges alot! fab work, as always!!
    hope you are doing fine? hugs, Sanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have created a wonderful layout Zeneva...love all your details and the artsy background...Gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Zeneva - I know you're a busy girl, & no pressure....but I had to include your blog! I think the whole world should come here for inspiration! Anyways, it's over here if you want to know what I'm on about!!!
    http://lizzyhill12.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/a-liebster-award-passing-it-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I have come via the lovely Lizzy's blog. I agree that is a challenging challenge ! but you have created a gorgeous layout. Love your texture and paint work
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Zeneva, I've come via Lizzy's blog and I'm looking at your beautiful bold colored layout. Thank you for also explaining how you did it. I'm still new to mixed media and 'doing messy'. But I'm learning thanks to bloggers like you. I love the background you did on your Silhouette. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your page ! Fabulous textured background. These are tricky colours to work with ; I always seem to have a problem with purple haha, may be because it's my least favourite colour, but love what you've done with it, perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every one of them and it always warms my heart. Have a great day!