Sunday 9 December 2012

Keeping the best...Sketch Challenge #48

Hi there,

The sketch challenge over at Keeping the best... is due today. [Another submission of mine on the due date!].

Here is the sketch:

And my version which used two smaller photos for the place of one:

And a few close-ups:




Supplies used: Paper (Echo Park; Basic Grey); acrylic paint; stitching; elements (Echo Park); washi tape; alphas (American Crafts, Echo Park).

This photo of my 6 year-old was taken in the first half of the year. She was practising her cartwheels all the time until she was able to do it really well consistently. So proud of her.

I started off doing a different background with a slightly different style, but didn't like it at all for what I had in mind, and when I decided to leave it aside and try again, the layout came together relatively quickly and became really enjoyable. I might resurrect the other background another time - if I'm ever game!

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. The bit of black really make all the other colours pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is such a dynamic LO! love all the contrast and interesting detailing in it!
    thank you for joining us at Keeping the Best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautifully and cheerfully! very brightly and contrastly)) thank you that play with Keeping the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny photos and an awesome take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every one of them and it always warms my heart. Have a great day!