Thursday 20 September 2012

A little experimenting

Hello all,

Hope you are all having a wonderful week.

I thought I'd share a layout that I've recently completed. It's a little different to what I would usually do, but I'm exploring and experimenting to find my style, whilst also trying to stretch myself.

Initially this was going to be for the sketch challenge #42 from Keeping the best..., but I missed the due date. For some reason I thought I had longer. No problem, they have another sketch up here which I intend to give a go.

So here is the sketch:


And here is my take on it:





I used watercolour paper as the base, an idea I took from Iris Babao Uy. Then used black gel paint to make some swirls and painted it in with watercolours. After this, I wasn't sure what I was doing, but continued with using distress inks around the edge with some watercolour paint and stamping. Some more stamping and stitching and then added the layers of paper with some twine. I think I need some practice with my stamping though, but I also reckon it looks a little better in reality than on a photograph...but that could just be me trying to make myself feel better! LOL! I had almost finished the layout when I saw Rachael Funnell's amazing work here, and noted she had hot-air balloons stamped onto the cardstock, so thought I might try it as well. (Thankyou Rachael :-)).

Anyway, be sure to check out the latest sketch challenge by Keeping the best..., even if you don't want to enter, all the layouts by the designers are just STUNNING!  Go here.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. This is a really great take on the sketch, I love the mixed media background and layers.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every one of them and it always warms my heart. Have a great day!