Wednesday 14 October 2015

Scrapaneers - October Champions

Hello Everyone,

The latest Champions has just been released over at Scrapaneers. By the way, have you seen their new look website? I love it, it's so easy to use, and it's clear, bold and truly reflects their professionalism.
Anyway, October Champions is all about the Fear Factor. Doing something that gets you out of your comfort zone. It's a little scary to make that jump and leap off the edge, but at the same time, it is really thrilling to do so. The world widens and new possibilities emerge.

My layouts this month encapsulates techniques that I had never tried before. I had no idea what I was doing, but the more I played, the more I was enjoying myself and the fear started dissipating.

My first layout:
Everyday Magic
Credits: 
Valorie Wibbens | Autumns Magic
Amanda Yi | You Are Fabulous
Additional Brushes | Just Jaimee, Dawn Inskip

I really love this photo of my eldest daughter so wanted to showcase a large version. The new techniques I used related to the layering of papers and using different modes to create different effects. More details are in the Champions Companion Book (for which you need to be a member of Champions to access).

My second layout is of my son. He LOVES anything and everything to do with Star Wars, so it was inspired by this passion of his.

May the force be with you
Credits:
Images taken from the web
Amanda Yi | You Are Fabulous
Valorie Wibbens | Autumns Magic
Lori Davison | Watch Out For The Moon

It feels very strange to not add any embellishments to the page. I tried - for hours! (Well, so it seemed.) But nothing worked, so this alone is out of my comfort zone. Also, my son wasn't holding a light-saber when I took the photo, I found one on the web and added it. I love that about digital scrapping. :)

For more information about Champions and other digital classes, please head over to Scrapaneers.

Thank you for coming by.
I appreciate your comments. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! Love em both....they are reflecting personalities rather than making pages pretty!! PERFECTION....& that light sabre......wow! Bet this is your boy's fave page ever:):)!!! Clever you. Keep getting outta that comfort zone, I say!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Zeneva! I really, really love that one with your daughter, beautiful photo and I love all the effects and how large the image is...do you ever print them out? It's so hard to put paper layouts in an album, but these it would be so easy! I love both of them so much.xo

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every one of them and it always warms my heart. Have a great day!