Monday 18 February 2013

Skissedilla Challenge #197 & The Color Room Challenge #144

This is the first time I'm combining two challenges. By per chance, it just happened to fit with what I had in mind. Love it when it all comes together so nicely and fits into my world.:-)

So the first challenge I came across was Sketch Challenge #197 at Skissedilla:


Followed by The Color Room Challenge - Palette #144:


The sketch is fabulous and has so many possibilities, and I just adore the colour palette. They are some of my favourite colours.
My interpretation:


Supplies used: paper (Kaiser, Amy Tangerine), cardstock (AC), inks (acrylic paint, Glimmer Mist, Glimmer Mist Chalkboard, Memento Ink Pad), gesso, stamp (Hero Arts), die cuts/mask.title (Kaiser, Silhouette cut files). 

I had intended to have the photo and layers further up as in the sketch, but for some reason, I placed it lower down the page to the right, which meant I didn't have enough space for my secondary heading, which I then changed slightly to suit its current placement. Also, although I love the darker green colour, I had difficulty in finding any in my stash of paper and paint. I don't actually think it's a common colour to find. Did anyone else have trouble?

None of my children have had swimming lessons, but some friends have a pool so when it's really hot, we're invited to go for a 'swim'. They bought each of my children a character ring - my son chose the frog and spent his entire time with the frog in the pool - hence the heading, 'happiness with a frog'. It's so wonderful to see his confidence in the water grow and to see him get the concept of having to kick his legs in the water to go anywhere. I love these moments.

The Skissedilla challenge ends in a few hours - but they already have the next sketch up. The Color Room challenge ends in 11 days - by the end of the month.

Thanks for coming by.

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow, love all the circles and dots on this one and the photo placement is great Zeneva, really lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful!! The colours, all the paint, and the supercute little frog!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!! What a great page! I love everything on it! It´s so fresh and sunny and simply fantastic!!!! Thank you so much for playing with us @ Skissedilla!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, Zeneva! your layout is absolutely gorgeous! the background looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful LO! background wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Zeneva, that background is out of this world gorgeous and just love how you have used these colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the misting and masking and stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing layout!!!!!!!!!!!! Sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Zeneva, thi is a amazing page!!!!!
    That background is out of this world gorgeous at all!!!!

    Thanks for playing with us in the TCR.
    Hugs from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing!! The background is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw your layout on Skiss feature last week. Congratulations!
    Thanks for leaving love at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow....your background work is amazing on this page!!!! Love this thoroughly! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every one of them and it always warms my heart. Have a great day!