Sunday 24 February 2013

Once Upon A ...Sketch - February Challenge

Although I have often drooled over the layouts of the designers and participants, I have never entered a challenge at Once Upon A...Sketch....until this month! I loved the sketch and the topic, so thought I'd do a little ode to my children.
Here is the sketch:


The topic is: LOVE
More details can be found here.

And my layout:





The texture paste has had paint added to it, which I've done on a couple of previous layouts, but this time, I also sprinkled some fine glitter over it because I wanted the page to have a little sparkle. There are a few die-cuts (LOVE my die-cuts), and some older products - Kaiser, Basic Gray and Bo Bunny paper as well as some older Kaiser elements (pink stalks, rub-ons, black acetate frame).

The journaling reads:
I love that you get along
I love how you play together
I love you for your own uniqueness
I love that I am your mummy.

I feel very blessed that my children don't fight and argue, but play really well together. They are all so different, yet manage to get along so well. Love this.

There is just over a day to get your challenge in.
If you miss this one, don't forget that Paper Stories still has their challenge open for a few more days!

Thanks for looking.:-)


13 comments:

  1. Well, Zeneva, I reckon you've got another winner happening here! It is SOOO OUAS style & that circle is really, really cleverly done...love your journaling, too:):):) [& the brick texture in the bg:)]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zeneva, thanks for your comment on my blog. This layout of your is sooo awesome! I love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so lovely Zeneva, I love the brickwork with the glitter so clever, and over the misting just so effective. Another gorgeous layout :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing work! Love it! Great experience with paste:) I will keep in mind it to try)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful!! Love the colors and your background-work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect! Love it! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely tribute to your children. Beautifully done...you should now start entering OUAS challenges more often--you are quite talented, this page is proof. Excellent interpretation of the challenge & sketch. Thank you for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photo - great colours - graet page - this one's a winner for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pefectly detailed page! Lovely colors also! This is a really gorgeous page, you've done an outstanding job with the challenge! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!!! So glad to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Amazing work.. What do you mean you have drooled over the layouts at OUAS? LOL I am drooling over yours right now.. amazing work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations...such a very, very beautiful layout!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout....so stunning in every way! It is just so perfectly perfect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every one of them and it always warms my heart. Have a great day!