Sunday 23 December 2012

Cards and Tags

Hi there all,

The end of the year is the end of the school year here in Australia. As a result, giving a little gift to a teacher at this time of year is often a combination of thanking them for their time and commitment throughout the past year as well as a little something for Christmas.

Last year, I only did two cards - one for my eldest daughter's dance teacher and another for her reception teacher. This was them:



The little elf sitting next to the card was made by my mother who makes cloth dolls. I gave each teacher an elf. Some people love them, some are not so sure about them. I love their colour and quirkiness.

Anyway, this year I had a few extra teachers to give to, so made some tags instead of cards. I was inspired by Stacey Young (I LOVE her work - truly amazing!) who made these gorgeous tags found here and on the Shimmerz blog here.
My version followed her same principles:





Thankyou Stacey for the inspiration. These were really fun to make!

The Shimmerz blog  has so many wonderful designers and is bursting with inspiration. Definitely worth taking a look also if you haven't already.

Thanks for coming by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every one of them and it always warms my heart. Have a great day!